Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Go Through the Motions? No Way!

I heard it again today.

The song "The Motions" by Matthew West came on the radio this afternoon as I was cleaning out and organizing some of my kitchen cupboards. One minute, I'm thinking about the damp rag in my hand and where to put the pottery my husband made for me; the next minute, I'm gone, lost in worship, my spirit kindled within me, yearning for more intimacy with my God. That song does it to me every time.

Here are some of the words:
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without Your all-consuming passion inside of me

I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything
Instead of going through the motions?
This blog is one part of my attempt to keep from going through the motions. In my other blog, I write about everything: being a wife, raising my children, making our house a home, feeding those who gather around my table, educating the sons God has given to me, etc. In this blog, I narrow my focus to record some of the ways my most important relationship is nurtured.

Go through the motions? No way!
Walk closely with my Lord? YES!