Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Overlook an Offense

Something happened a few days ago that I wasn't happy about, and I wanted to come out swinging--verbally, of course. However, I bit my tongue and didn't say a word, motivated by this verse:

A man's wisdom gives him patience;
it is to his glory to overlook an offense.
~ Proverbs 19:11

The funny thing is, after a few hours, I wasn't offended any more. All the heat went out of my blood, my anger was completely gone, I realized full well that the person wasn't trying to offend me or make my life more difficult, and I was SO glad that I had not let my emotions control my mouth, saying words that I would regret later.

It really was a glorious thing to overlook an offense.