Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Friday, September 3, 2010

I Gave You to God

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Stepping Heavenward and have gleaned so much wisdom from its pages!  I sincerely hope that I have become (and will continue to become) a more loving, patient, peaceful, heaven-focused wife and mother as a result of this book.

Here is one more quote from it before I set this book aside and pick up another one.

Katy is talking to her son about his plans to go to the mission field, despite his father's desire for him to become a doctor:
"Dear Raymond," I went on, "I gave you to God long before you gave yourself to Him.  If He can make you useful in your own or in other lands, I bless His name.  Whether I live to see you a man or not, I hope you will work in the Lord's vineyard wherever He calls.  I never asked anything for you but usefulness in all my prayers for you; never once."

I echo this prayer for my sons.  What Katy says is true:  I gave them to God long before they gave themselves to Him, and my earnest prayer is that each one of them will work faithfully in the Lord's vineyard wherever He calls.

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
~ 1 Samuel 1:27,28