Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Prayer to Live By

It's been a good week so far.  Even though we've gone without Internet access and I haven't been able to blog each day, I have been enjoying my times with God.  I've even been successful at getting up early for quiet times every morning this week.  So far.  That would be yesterday and today.  Two days isn't much, but it's a start; and when facing a challenge as difficult as the get-up-early one is for me, it's important to celebrate each victory!  :)

This evening, while sorting through some books to take to the thrift store, I came upon a slip of paper in one that had this inspirational message written on it:

This is the beginning of a new day.  God has given me this day to use as I will.  I can waste it or use it for good.  What I do today is important, because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it.  When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving me in its place something that I have traded for it.  I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it.
~ author unknown

As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.
~ 1 Peter 4:2