Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Morning

Convicting (oh, SO convicting!) quotes from Oswald Chambers that I read on this blog:

* If you have ever prayed in the dawn you will ask yourself why you were so foolish as not to do it always:  it is difficult to get into communion with God in the midst of the hurly-burly of the day.


* It is by no haphazard chance that in every age men have risen early to pray.  The first thing that marks decline in spiritual life is our relationship to the early morning.


* Get into the habit of dealing with God about everything.  Unless in the first waking moment of the day you learn to fling the door wide back and let God in, you will work on a wrong level all day; but swing the door wide open and pray to your Father in secret, and every public thing will be stamped with the presence of God.

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you 
and wait in expectation.
~ Psalm 5:3