Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Small Beginnings

From Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss...

Another Sunday and all at church except my darling Una, who keeps watch over her mother.  These Sundays, when I have had them each alone in turn, have been blessed days to them and to me.  Surely this is some compensation for what they lose in me of health and vigor.  I know the state of each soul, as far as it can be known, and have every reason to believe that my children all love my Savior and are trying to live for Him.  I have learned, at last, not to despise the day of small things, to cherish the tenderest blossom, and to expect my dear ones to be imperfect before they become perfect Christians.


Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin.
~ Zechariah 4:10


This verse has been one of my favorites in recent years.  It's such an encouragement at this stage of life!