Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Friday, September 10, 2010

What Were Peter's Prayers Like?

Tonight during our fellowship potluck, we were discussing Acts 10-11; and when we read Acts 10:9 (which says, "About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray."), I started thinking about what Peter's prayers might have been like.  Did they consist of the Jewish prayers:  prescribed prayers that were recited in a certain way at a certain time?  Or was he praying to Jesus:  in essence, talking to his best friend who had been killed not so very long before this?  Surely he must have learned a lot about prayer from watching the example of Jesus who prayed often (and long and intensely) while here on earth; maybe Peter's prayers were very similar to the conversations Jesus had with His Father during His years on earth?

I wish I could go back in time and be a fly on the roof of Simon the Tanner's house the day Peter prayed there, just so I could see what his prayers were like.  :)