Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm Against Sin

I'm against sin. I'll kick it as long as I've got a foot, and I'll fight it as long as I've got a fist. I'll butt it as long as I've got a head. I'll bite it as long as I've got a tooth. And when I'm old and fistless and footless and toothless, I'll gum it till I go home to Glory and it goes home to perdition!
~ Billy Sunday,
quoted by Bekah who got it from Tim Challies

Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
~ Colossians 3:5-10

There is so much that I would like to write about this; so many thoughts are swirling through my head. But it's late, and I need some sleep so that tomorrow I can more effectively put to death what belongs to my earthly nature, as I strive to care for my boys without giving in to impatience and frustration and anger! Maybe I'll write more about this some other day.