Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Friday, June 4, 2010

Night Wakings and Dying to Self

I've been a little--no, truth be told, more than a little--discouraged recently about Shav's continued night wakings; but these words spoke to my heart and helped me to embrace the self-sacrifice required to care for him when he awakes:

An older missionary said something to Amy Carmichael when she was a young missionary that stayed with her for life. She had spoken of something which was not to her liking. His reply was, "See in it a chance to die."
~ Elisabeth Elliot

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."
~ Matthew 16:24-25