Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Father's Song

I first heard this during our church service on Father's Day. I loved it right away and have found the idea, the words, and the melody to be comforting and sustaining since then. Yesterday as I sorted through my kids' junk (otherwise known as toys!), I felt the Father's song swirling over me. As I made macaroni and cheese for my children, I heard the Father's song being passed from me to them. In all the moments of life, that song is there, if I just take a moment to listen.


I wish I could find this song and "All I Want" on playlist.com so I could add them to my playlist for this blog. (And speaking of playlist, don't forget to scroll down and turn off my playlist before you click "play" on this video!) But unfortunately, they're not there--at least, not yet. Regardless, it's here, in my heart, the most important place.

The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
~ Zephaniah 3:17