Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Sunday, July 25, 2010

With Parental Fondness

If there is any one truth I would gladly impress on the mind of a young Christian, it is just this, that God notices the most trivial act, accepts the poorest, most threadbare little service, listens to the coldest, feeblest petition, and gathers up with parental fondness all our fragmentary desires and attempts at good works Oh, if we could only begin to conceive how He loves us, what different creatures we should be!
~ Mrs. Cabot (the minister's wife)
in Stepping Heavenward
by Elizabeth Prentiss

And the King will say, "I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!"
~ Matthew 25:40