Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Thursday, July 29, 2010

What I Learned from My Little Toe

My little toe--the one I injured at the conference last week--still hurts. Tonight over supper, I asked my dad how long he thought it would hurt, and he said, "It could be six weeks." Six weeks?! I don't want to be in pain that long!! I don't have much of a choice, do I?

The spiritual principle this has taught me--one of them, anyway--is what Paul so convincingly describes in 1 Corinthians. He writes:

...The head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable...If one part suffers, every part suffers with it.
~ 1 Corinthians 12:21,22,26