Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Saturday, July 17, 2010

One's Real Life

The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one's "own," or "real" life. The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one's real life--the life God is sending one day by day; what one calls one's "real life" is a phantom of one's own imagination. This at least is what I see at moments of insight: but it's hard to remember it all the time.
~ C. S. Lewis
in The Letters of C. S. Lewis to Arthur Greeves

I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps.
~ Jeremiah 10:23