Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Working for the Lord

I've been thinking about the subject of work recently, and two things in particular have brought today's manna to mind. First, teaching my boys to work (which I write about here), and second, having a conversation with a newlywed couple about who does what chores in the home and how to keep a humble, Godly heart that seeks to bless the other person (even if he didn't do the dishes!).

The manna is...

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
~ Colossians 3:23-24

Today (and probably every day of my life!) I need to be reminded of that.