Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
The people are to go out EACH DAY and gather enough for that day.
In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
~ Exodus 16:4

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yet I Will Rejoice

At the Defending the Faith conference...

One of the things I enjoyed the most about the conference was the music that John Elliott provided for us and led us in. My favorite song was "Yet I Will Rejoice," and I'm looking forward to getting his CD that I ordered in the mail so I can listen to it again and learn it by heart. Here are the verses that inspired his song (and here is a post I had written about them on my other blog):

Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
~ Habakkuk 3:17-18